There is always a first time

A lot of things come to our minds when we heard or read this phrase. In this case, this "first time" not everyone has it in a formal way but others yes... and I had it on 28th August 2016. Unforgetable, for better or worse? Let´s see!

I was very anxious of having my first job, a friend told me there was the opportunity to get one in kinder garden teaching English but it was not very sure. I countinued with my life till one day I received a message from an unknown number... (suspence music) it was my future employer!! She told me to go the next day for an interview which I obviously accepted. I did not believe it. When I arrived at the kinder garde, I pushed the doorbell but it did not work so I sent her a message to tell her I was outside what was so embarrasing because I almost had a papper on my forehead saying "I WANT THIS JOB, GIVE IT TO ME. I WAITED OUTSIDE FOR 15 MINUTES" When they opened me the door I felt so nervous, it was also my first interview and I did not know what they were going to ask me. Guess what.. "Would you like to start tomorrow?" What? Really? Why? It is good to explain I hate children and I was asked to work with them without an emotional preparation before.

The next day, I was there with some songs and nothing else to do. My mother told me not to ask children if they liked the song and what did I do? I asked them and an evil girl said "NO!" It was like "Come on, little girl! It´s my first day doing this". In one day, I was in contact with almost 70 children of three and four years old. I did not know what to do after two months when I started enjoying teaching and being with them. Nowadays, I am still working there and I have more ideas of what and how to do with them. I improved a lot what is so great to notice.

If I have to reflect on this experience and say what I learnt I would write a long list but mainly that you do not have to ask students if they liked what you showed them!!

Comentarios

  1. Thanks for sharing such an intense experience. I think it's always good to know what students think about our lessons. You might not want to ask them every single day, but it's useful to find out what they think whenever we do something special, new, different... It helps make decisions, reflect, review plans, and come back stronger. It's feedback ;)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I completely agree with you. Obviously, it´s so important as a way of growing up and improving myself! Thanks (:

      Eliminar
  2. This post is really interesting to read and funny at the same time lol I love it

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I laughed with your post! It was so interesting. I am happy that you never gave up. I think that we always have to try, at least to have the experience although we say we don't like it. Sometimes we surprise ourselves :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It was as if I was there with you! What a scary moment, the first interview and the first class!! It's great to see that you tried, even though you don't like children. It makes me feel I will too :)

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario